20 January 2009

Bento Challenge: Week 2 - my bento n.3






少しづつ、 弁当らしくなってませんか?
For tomorrow's bento, I focused on the look. Green, vegan bento.
:: steamed broccoli
:: French beans sauteed with Tamari (glute-free tamari!)
:: yakionigiri with nori seaweed
:: Borlotti beans cokked the traditional way *
:: flower shaped carrots
*Dried Borlotti beans (fresh ones are available in summer) need to be soaked in water for 8-12 hours, and then they can be cooked in the pressure cooker with water, rosemery, some garlic (but you can use an onion insted), a carrot, a piece of celery for about 20 minutes. You can use them without the liquid in salads (perfect with Treviso red chicory) or for rich soups!

memo: I should have added half an egg, for the color :-)

note: Originally from the north of Italy, Borlotti beans are used traditionally in all type of soups, both thick, thin and creamy but also delicious served with bacon and sausages

2 comments:

Mosaica said...

!!! What is that Totoro textile under the bento?

I have a complete crush on everything Totoro, though I don't have a single Totoro-themed thing.. yet :-)

Also, how do you find your Japanese textiles? Do you travel to Japan?

Thanks for the comment on the Obama-bento. Though I think of myself as mostly Danish and a little Italian, still, I live *here* and so it has mattered so much how this election would go. Now we will see. Hope seems like a great start though, eh?

Cheers!

flying hawk said...

hi Mosaicasan :-)))
I'm mad about Totoro too, I watch the movie at least once a week :-)) and I consider Totoro as a kind of home-guardian or so!!
the blue textile under my lunch is a Totoro furoshiki I bought on Internet (loveghibli something, let me find the link!!)

the textiles both on the internet and in Japan! (there is a street in Tokyo Nippori with only textiles shops!!!)

cheers! (had too much red wine this evening :-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...