14 January 2009

Bento Challenge - my bento n.3

This is the 'double', 丸い marui bento I'm taking at work tomorrow, already packed in my refrigerator. I do not know if I'm getting better in pre-planning, but yesterday evening while arranging today's lunchbox, I thought 'let's make Thursday's bento more Italian style, with pasta!' Still, I wanted to use things I had at home so this is it:


I prepared tagliatelle (gluten-free, corn tagliatelle) with broccoli and added some smoked salmon* (it took the time for the water to boil and 5 minutes to cook pasta together with broccoli in salted water). The box is the one I use when eating pasta at work.

*I do not like to use canned food but, for emergencies, I always keep two or three packs (100 gr each) of smoked salmon and they help a lot in many recipes.

As a side dish, I prepared pumpkin flavoured with tamari and rosemary. I usually cut it myself but this time I bought 500 gr of already cut pumpkin from the greengrocer's and tasted it while packing the bento, it's good! And it took 15 minutes to cook (next time, I will cut the cubes in halves!).

I planned also Friday's bento, which I will fill with fresh ingredients that are very quick to cook, and I'm willing to end the week with no food waste. It makes me feel green :-)

For the planning part, I'm not using the regular bento-planner, I just write some bento notes in my pocket agenda because it is always in my bag and I can add new ideas any time.

2 comments:

creo said...

お弁当を頑張って作っているんですね!
カラフルで野菜も入っていて美味しそうです。
私は現在ずっと家に居るのでお弁当を作る機会がほとんど無いので何だか新鮮です。

イタリアの冬は寒いですか?
風邪引かないように気をつけて下さいね。

Should I write a comment in English??

flying hawk said...

Creosan, comento arigatou (日本語でいい)!! I'm writing these posts in English because I'm joining http://justbento.com 'Bento Challenge' and have to write a report in English about my bento-making. It'f fun, come take a look if you please :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...